Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Must-Try Sweets at SM North

My next door neighbor happens to be one of the biggest malls in the world. And as an insatiable dessert monster, here are my five must-try sweets inside my neighbor's place:

Yema Ball and Iced Americano at Sugarhouse

1) Yema Balls at Sugarhouse. These amazing melt-in-your-mouth creamy balls never fails to make my day more special. Pair it with a bitter cup of Americano, it spells afternoon perfection. Sugarhouse is located at the fourth floor of The Block.




2) Cheese Roll at Mary Grace. Soft bread wrapped around a generous stick of cheese, it's an absolute delight. Too bad, Mary Grace does not have a cafe at SM North. They only have a kiosk beside the cinema.


3) Cheese Doughnut at Cello's. I first tried this a few years back when this was given to me as a gift when I visited De La Salle University for a talk. and back then, I have never tried a doughnut as good as this (there was no Krispy Kreme yet). So I was very delighted to see that they opened a branch at SM North which is located at Sky Garden beside the EDSA foot bridge. Although I must say, for me it's only their cheese doughnut that is exceptional.



4) Cassava Creme Royal - another nice, melt-in-your-mouth experience. And they are really cheap at about PHP20 each.



5) Glazed Almonds - a serving of this glazed peanuts costs the same price as a Starbucks frap. But hey, this is almonds, with its antioxidants and other health benefits, it is worth the price and the calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment