Thursday, November 22, 2012

Three Must-Try Tea Places

I was quite happy when there a came a boom of milk tea places around Metro Manila since 2011. Just like our neighboring countries, I could finally have my customized tea in almost every corner in the Metro.

Although I must admit, Gong Cha and Chatime are two milk tea places I frequent because of their flavored green tea, here are for me, three enjoyable places to have your serving of tea, milk tea or otherwise.

The Tea Republic's Iced Green Tea is a must-try in their
branches in Makati (Enterprise Tower and Pacific Star)
1) Tea Republic (Enterprise Tower and Pacific Star Building, Makati) - Even before the milk tea boom came to Manila, I could remember this place as one of those offering Designer tea (if there is such a thing).





2) Tea 101 (Sct. Bayoran, Quezon City). I'm a huge fan of their almond milk tea (30% sugar) partnered with their sharks fin dumpling smothered in their "hyper-garlic-ed" soy sauce. It just makes my day. They also have branches in Mindanao avenue and California Garden Square in Mandaluyong city.




3) Tea Fairy (Boni Avenue, Mandaluyong). Due to unexpected traffic, my sister dropped me off in Boni and I stumbled on this very nice Tea Place just a block a away from the Mandaluyong circle. What is so special about this cozy place is you get to have a very nice book once you take a seat. It's quiet and comfortable and really perfect for a nice drink and a good read. Although there is nothing special with their mocha milk tea which is supposed to be one of their bestsellers, their fashionably named Neiman Marcus cookie is an absolute delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment