Thursday, November 22, 2012

Three Places to Love in Baguio

Baguio city is an icon among local Filipino travelers as it provides respite from the heat of the city. And in this charming, American-built district, there are three quaint places I would love to visit again:



1) Oh My Gulay - To my big surprise, in the middle of the bustling Session Road is an artist's haven that serves vegetable-centric food. Built by Baguio's iconic filmmaker and activist, Kidlat Tahimik, there is a dining area here over-looking the city, a very nice place to spend a lazy afternoon.







2) Bliss Cafe - located inside Hotel Elizabeth, this place is not exactly easy to find. But it is worth the trip.  A vegetarian restaurant, the owner's philosophy are best reflected in its eclectic interiors and its special dishes.




3) Cafe by the Ruins - This for me is my hands-down favorite. With their brown rice, hot chocolate drink, camote bread and everything else, one meal per day is spent right here when I'm in Baguio.

No comments:

Post a Comment