Sunday, November 11, 2012

Five Things to Do in Siem Reap (Aside from Temple Tours)

Siem Reap is famous for its magnificent temples. But aside from visiting these awesome structures, Here are five things I enjoyed in my recent trip to that amazing city.



1) Appreciate History at Angkor National Museum

Before visiting any temples, a trip to their well-organized and highly informative Angkor National Museum should be on top of your list. This will definitely make you appreciate the rich history of Cambodia and the significance of each temple in the history of humanity.





2) Buy Souvenirs at Theam's House

If you plan to carry some souvenirs that you would want to treasure, visit the Theam's House. They have a diverse collection of handicrafts and local art pieces, some of which you might want to take home with you.



3) Indulge at The Blue Pumpkin

There are several branches of Blue Pumpkin around the Old Market area. I just love their Bailey's ice cream. Although I must say the Tiramisu above isn't exactly memorable. But I just love going to this place for a cool dessert, a free wifi and very comfortable couch where you could extend and rest your tired legs.



4) Get a Massage at The Lemon Grass Garden Beauty and Massage

Located very near the Pub Street, They offer different kinds of massage and beauty pamepering. My massage therapist was good, the staff is very friendly and I enjoyed their tea before and after the massage.


5) Try Their Spicy Salad

Although Amok is probably the most popular local dish that is a must-try for its visitors, I always made sure there is salad during meals. Their basic vegetable salad could be very spicy if you request for it and it's just enough to satisfy me in my every meal in Siem Reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment