Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Boracay Must-Try


In 2011, I had a great opportunity to teach yoga in Boracay for about a month. And having lived the everyday island life, let me share with you my five favorite foods in the Philippines' top island destination:

1) Calamansi Muffins at Real Coffee and Tea (Station 1 near Astoria). I just love having them freshly-baked by 8:30 in the morning. The are soft, tasty and the calamansi just makes them so unique.



2) Fruit Cake at The English Bakery. It's not very easy to find the English Bakery especially if you are coming from the white beach. But It's fruit cake makes it worth the effort.

My personal serving of this delightful Spanish dish


3) Paella At Ole (D' Mall). Servings are big. You need at about three people to finish it. And yes, they are so good. They are worth the 20-minute wait and the carbohydrate overload.



4) Brazo de Mercedes at Cafe Del Sol (D' Mall). I am not a fan of Brazo De Mercedes. But this one changed the way I saw this dessert. Some friends I met in the island loved this as well.

Adobong Kangkong is perfect with their Tuyo
5) Adobong Kangkong at Smoke (D' Mall). Finally, there's something healthy in my list. This humble vegetable dish from this unpretentious place was part of my daily diet and made me feel less guilty from all my sweet obsessions in the island.



No comments:

Post a Comment