Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Five Things To Do in Bohol

Bohol's Chocolate Hills are better seen in tourism photos than visited
Honestly, with what I have experienced in Bohol, I think it's a bit over-rated as a travel destination if you compare it to Boracay, Palawan or Davao. First and foremost (as of June, 2012), their airport sucks. Although there are current efforts to upgrade it, using this flight facility was such a bad experience (air conditioner not working, falling in line under the sun to enter the airport) I would never want to fly from Bohol again.

But in case you find yourself in this island for a trip, here are some enjoyable places I can recommend:


1) Butterfly Farm - I think it's crazy to have a butterfly farm on top of your list. But our guide there whose name I have lost was so good and so passionate about his work it made a 32-year-adult like me appreciate butterflies again.


2) Bohol Museum - if you are interested to learn how the Chocolate Hills formed, this is the place to go to in Tagbilaran (beside the provincial hall) because the actual tourist place overlooking the hills does not do a good job in telling the whole story.


3) Oops Bar (Alona Beach) - I can't believe I found one of my best tiramisus ever in this place.


4) Eat Chicken Inasal at Payag Restaurant (Tagbilaran) - The interiors of this place is such a visual feast. Their chicken and kinilaw is a delight to feast on. Rates are very reasonable.


5) See a Tarsier - They are tiny, adorable nocturnal mammals. Don't miss them. And don't wake them up as they will surely be asleep when you visit them.

 And if you notice, I didn't put the chocolate hills in my list, for me, they are better seen in tourism photos than visited.



No comments:

Post a Comment